Key Coaching Decision #1: (PHL ball, tied 0-0 / fourth-and-2, HOU 37 / 6:42 Q1)
• The Eagles went for it in Texans territory and Nick Foles hit Darren Sproles for a 37-yard touchdown.
Key Coaching Decision #2: (PHL ball, trailing 9-7 / fourth-and-3, HOU 8 / 5:44 Q2)
• Philadelphia decided to forego the field goal attempt and Foles hit Dallas Goedert for a 6-yard gain and a first down.
Key Coaching Decision #3: (PHL ball, trailing 9-7 / fourth-and-1, HOU 1 / 3:11 Q2)
• Philadelphia decided to go for the touchdown and Foles completed a short pass to Zach Ertz for a touchdown that gave the Eagles the lead.
Key Coaching Decision #4: (PHL ball, leading 13-9 / 2-point conversion attempt / 3:11 Q2)
• After an Eagles touchdown, Doug Pederson went for two points and Foles was sacked. We don’t understand the decision to forgo two at this point in the first half. The decision almost come back to haunt Philadelphia as they were trailing by one point late in the fourth quarter.
• This was a very tough loss for Houston, which was in a great position to secure a first-round bye in the AFC playoffs. They now need to win next week and hope New England loses.
• Nick Foles again played superb and set the franchise record for passing yards in a game with 471 yards. He has again provided a spark in the absence of Carson Wentz, who is out with a back injury.
• Houston quarterback Deshaun Watson played great in a losing effort and finished with 339 yards passing with four total touchdowns.
• The defending Super Bowl champs need to win at Washington next week and hope for a loss by the Vikings to make the playoffs.